The Impossible Dream Headline Animator

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Operation Panic Complete

Well, I panicked.

I didn't think I was going to pass all of my classes this term.

If I didn't pass, that meant many things--

The loss of what aid I do have,

The loss of my apartment,

The loss of college,

The loss of self-respect.

Although, on a self-respect note, I respect the fact that I am even continuing my education. Most others in my family never got the chance, and some of them just chose not to anyway.

I have to look forward at the next few years, and I have to know, as I continue on this education path, that the world will expect a lot of money from me once I have graduated.

I will be in debt.

Only in a society lie ours can you go to college, and still come out broker than when you went in. The prospect of salvation? Good work.

I plan on majoring in the performing arts, and in journalism.

Then I plan on going ahead and coming back for my juris doctorate.

Let's see how that goes. I know I can do it. The question is can I last through all the grueling work that doesn't always lead any where spectacular.

I believe so.

We shall see I guess...

We shall see.

As for school, and as far as my grades go this term, no they weren't great. a D, two C's a B and an A.

But you know what?

I am still proud.

I passed another term, even with other things going on in my life, and I made it through another hard spring.

Good job Cody, I give myself a pat on the back.

Now, this time, build on what you learned, and go out next term with both hands out infront of you,  sleeves rolled up, and eyes focused on the prize.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

 
Changing LINKS