The Impossible Dream Headline Animator

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Corporations

We have given them too much power.

We are seeing the greatest rise of monopolies in our entire history of corporate and financial growth. This period has invented things like G&E or my personal favorite piece of that company, PG&E. PG&E, for those of you who are not familiar, is a corporation owned and operated by G&E. PG&E controls the electricity of the western united states. And in my city, Salem, it is the only company available.

So Suddenly I get this pretty little bill in the mail for 280.00. I own a one bedroom apartment running a 12 inch tv, a fridge, and a laptop, (Acer Aspire 5920 gemstone series)

Amazing. The lights stay off, I dn't run the AC and I still get a bill. Let me be honest on how big this apartment really is. Let us say less than 200 square feet. Ouch.

280 bucks eh?

But what can you do if you can 't pay that bill? Find another company that gives electricity...OR NOT. PG&E owns it all. And there is no other possible service.




Next on my hit list of tyrant companies is Wal-Mart.

Ya, I know there are other stores that offer many similar products, but the fact is, Wal-mart only stays cheap while it knocks out the competition.

Once the competition is gone, all you have left is Wal-Mart, and the prices miraculously revive themselves...

*sigh* when will we learn to stop digging our own graves... --__--


Well, that's it for now.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

 
Changing LINKS